3,088 total views, 2 views today
For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.
Philippians 2:13 (NLT)
Make a wish and blow out the candles. Such fun, hope-filled words.
Celebrating my birthday on December 1, always makes me think about wishes. Whether for a birthday or the gift of a wish-making moment, there’s a glorious thing about wishes. You can wish for anything.
You don’t say anything unless you mean any-thing. So, it’s exactly the kind of stuff I dared to dream…shiny things, on the hunch that maybe a few of my “anythings” might actually become real.
Some came true, while others fizzled as quick as I blew out candles on a cake. Wishes that ran the spectrum of valiant and noble to downright self-centered.
Yet, deep in the depths of my soul, this girl’s always been a dreamer—wishing for the subtle pleasures of life and big ole’ ginormous things only God can pull off.
You see, I have learned to dream with God. He’s the best and biggest dreamer of all. Here’s my most important wishes over the years. The ways me and God dreamed together.
- A wish to know the love of my father. My dad was not around for part of my life. But this wish came true. He came back into my life.
- I wished for talent. To be a rock star. Just kidding. Yet, I dreamed of being good at something. Gifts and skills I could be known for and share with others. God instilled in me the love of communication and words. I’m a speaker, writer, and blogger.
- A bride-wish. For a soul-mate. Guess what? On a college campus in Tennessee, I met the man of my dreams. And I became his bride, his wife.
- And I wished to be a mother. The good Lord blessed me with a daughter and son. Now, I’m a grandmother. Being a mom and mimi are two of the best jobs on the planet.
- My top wish? I wished for purpose and significance in life. Why am I here? Why was I born? The answer to life itself. And I’ve found it. The answer. At sixteen, I found Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior.
It’s my number one wish for you. I wish you Jesus.
Father, You are the biggest dreamer of all. You not only place wishes and dreams inside my heart, You also fulfill them according to Your purposes for me. May my number one wish for me and everyone I meet be Jesus! Amen.