224 total views, 1 views today
Did you know …
that the bible references creativity 41 times?
I had NO idea. I mean, I should have assumed since the Bible is a book about the character of the Creator but I just didn’t put it all together.
Here are 4 things
the Bible says about your creativity …
- Genesis 1:27 – “God created man in his own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.” God made us in his image. We are crafted in the image of the ultimate creator and if there was any question as to if God wanted you to know you were a CREATION, the word create is used 3 times in this verse. Since we are made in the image of God we get all the gifts that live in that image: Love, Patience, Grace, Kindness, and of course CREATIVITY! Embrace the fact you have been crafted in His image today and accept His permission for you to be the artist He made you to be!
- Proverbs 22:29 – “Do you see a man skilled in his work? He will stand before kings; he will not stand before obscure men.” God desires us to be good stewards with the gifts He has given us. This verse permissions us to be skilled at making art. Being skilled takes practice and creativity is a muscle not a magic potion. It takes work to get better creatively. Practice your craft and steward it well in obscurity so when it is time to share your gift you are prepared. Your creativity reflects who you are but also who He is!
- Ephesians 2:10 – “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.” This verse is encouragement for you to share your gift and your art with the world! Good works is not just doing good deeds, when God created the universe He said it was ‘good’. Just like acts of service speak to people so does the art you make. Allow God to speak and minister through the art you create and share it with courage!
- Colossians 3:23 – “Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than unto men” We get to create art! We don’t have to make stuff we get make stuff and be creative. We have to remember who has given us our ability to dream, to conceive, to write, paint, design, speak, and make…these are all acts of worship. Keep your attitude in a place that births art that is GET TO works not HAVE TO work. Posture matters!
God cares a lot more for who you are becoming then he does about what you are making…be courageous and make your best work today!
How is God encouraging you today?
- Add your comments below and/or at the Cafe Facebook Page
- Support this ministry . . GIVE HERE !
- Read more at my personal blog . . GO HERE