127 total views, 1 views today
For you know that it was not with perishable things
such as silver or gold that you were redeemed …
but with the PRECIOUS blood of Christ … 1 Peter 1:18-19
I was about ten years old …
when Mom sent me to the store with a $50 bill: I don’t know how I lost it, but I was afraid going home with the news and NO GROCERIES! When I told my mom, she said, “It’s okay, honey; it’s only money.” She spent her whole life showing people how precious they were.
What really gives us value? From whom do we accept value assessments?
When Jesus came up out of the water, the Father spoke from heaven. “This is my Son, whom I love; with Him I am well pleased.” (Mt 3:17) Jesus had not yet begun His ministry: no preaching good news to the poor, no restoring sight to the blind, no feeding the multitudes, no cross and resurrection … no work. Yet His Father said He was well pleased with Him.
Jesus was once asked, “What must we do to do the works God requires?” His answer was simple and profound. “The work of God is this: believe in the One He has sent.” (Jn 6:28-29)
His love is not conditional upon works.
Ask yourself, “What could I do (or not do) to add to (or take away from) the worth that God has already bestowed upon me by His redemption with the precious blood of His Son? Could I somehow diminish or add to the intrinsic value God has given me through the sacrifice of Jesus?” (Rom 5:8) Performance based value must be nailed to the cross! Look Failure in the face…smile…and rest in God’s grace. This will allow you to learn to serve out of the rest that comes from Him. (Heb 4:9-11)
Open your Bible, go to John 3:16, and pray it inserting your name in the appropriate places: For God so loved _______ …. Now, just stop for a moment. Bow your head and receive afresh (or, perhaps for the first time) the love of God, demonstrated to you through Jesus. Soak it in. Our preciousness must become engrained and embedded in our minds. Let your being be immersed in His love and acceptance. Know, down deep, that you are precious just because God says so, has proven it by the cross, and validated it by the resurrection!
What does this do for you?
- It sets you free to live out the fruit of His Spirit because of “want to” not “have to”. (Gal 5:22-23)
- Fully understanding your worth, you can freely show others theirs. (Mt 22:39)
- When the world batters you with its empty philosophy, you can turn your head, mount up on wings as an eagle, and rise above it. (Is 40:28-31)
- You can uphold yourself with this biblical fact when you’re tempted to be depressed and discouraged: “God says I’m precious, so I am.” (Eph 6:10-18)
- Since your value is not based on what you do, you “can do” without fear. (1 Jn 4:16-18)
Understanding your preciousness is the bottom line, the foundational basis,for all of your life as a fully dedicated follower of Jesus Christ, a disciple.
Lord Jesus, help me to know, deep in my being, how precious I am to You, and as I do, help me to understand how precious others are to You. Please give me Your eyes and Your heart for myself and for everyone else. Thank You, Lord.
How is God encouraging you today?
- Add your comments below and/or at the Cafe Facebook Page
- Support this ministry . . GIVE HERE !
- Read more at my personal blog . . GO HERE