604 total views, 1 views today
Life. Is. Messy.
We live in a sinful world with sickness, anger, loneliness, temptation, self-interest, and feeling like we have to do it all ourselves.
When I rely on myself, I try to control the mess. I tiptoe through and around, thinking I can find my way.
But a messy life can’t be controlled—not the way I would like—with order in the chaos and certainty in what I’m doing and where I’m going. The more I try to leap over the garbage in life and sidestep the mounds of trouble, the more lost I become.
Until I can’t see any more to find my way out.
But there is a Light.
Not a light at the end of the tunnel, but the Light in the midst of the mess.
The Light who finds me and says Walk this way.
Jesus who came into the mess for the lost and the sinners.
Jesus who came for me. And for you.
To guide. To protect. To comfort.
To walk us through our messy lives.
Today. Tomorrow. Forever.
[This post first appeared at Laura Rath ~ Journey in Faith. All rights reserved. / Photo credit: Unsplash.com]
Encouraged by this post? You just might want to. . .
- Add your comments and questions below
- Be sociable . . refresh-forward this post via your favorite social site(s)
- Bring the encouragement of the Cafe home to your inbox . . GO HERE
- “LIKE” and comment at the Cafe Facebook page . . GO HERE
- Come visit my blog . . GO HERE !