187 total views, 1 views today
I’m Phylicia, Phy for short. If I could sum myself up in one sentence, I am pro-woman, pro-Jesus, pro-coffee, and pro-life.
My mission is to empower women to be capable, confident, and complete. I believe women are at their best when we are in the center of the will of God, whose love inspires us to reach our fullest potential.
WHO I AM:
After five years in Central Virginia – where I worked as the Homeschool Coordinator and Recruiter for Liberty University – I now live in southern Pennsylvania as a writer, wife to Josh, and stay-at-home mom to one daughter, Adeline. Though I’ve lived in Virginia, New Mexico, and Pennsylvania, I grew up in northern Michigan as the oldest of six homeschooled kids. My favorite things are French pressed coffee, swimming in Lake Michigan, Friday morning farm markets, and Lilly Pulitzer. I’m an ENTJ on the Myers-Briggs personality scale and find nothing more thrilling than setting new goals (January 1st is my favorite day of the year).
For a summary of my theological viewpoint, including my denominational history, click here.
WHERE I’VE BEEN:
- I am a contributing writer to the e-zine Project Inspired, founded by former model Nicole Weider.
- My post on modesty was featured in Shaunti Feldhahn’s recent book Through a Man’s Eyes,published in 2015.
- I have been a returning speaker at the state homeschool convention of Michigan (INCH) in 2008, 2010, and 2015.
- I self-published my first devotional, A Torch and a Voice in 2010.
- My post on modesty, That Day I Wore Yoga Pants, has been featured on Churchleaders.org, Faithit.com, and Youth Culture Report. It is being published in the Finnish book, Usko, uskollisuus ja ulkonäkö (The Faith, The Loyalty & The Look) within the year 2016.
- I am a contributing writer for Brink Magazine of Randall House Publications. Past articles includeWhy I Don’t Take Hot as a Compliment and Swipe Right for Love.
- My post 10 Women Christian Men Should Marry was featured on the Christian media siteWayFM.
The following posts provide an overview of my work:
I’m privileged by your readership! Join my community by following on social media, where I do frequent devotions and giveaways.