‘In their hearts humans plan their course,
but the Lord establishes their steps.’
– Proverbs 16:9 –
If I hadn’t grasped this by now – I would be a wreck.
There’s only so much we can plan, prepare, or control. Without asking God for direction, it can get pretty dicey.
This past week I prayed, ‘Lord, show me your will. Prepare me.’
And not 10 minutes later, something changed drastically in my life. This ‘thing’ that changed could have been devastating in normal circumstances – but a peace washed over me. It was a direct answer to prayer.
Instead of getting upset – I embraced the change, anxious to see what he was preparing.
I can’t control my life. I can’t prepare for every outcome. I can only give God each day and look to Him for direction, as I go about it.
It’s okay to have a plan – but look to Him for your purpose!!
Wish to refresh-forward
the encouragement of LifeLetter Cafe?
- Add your comments and questions below
- Help us build a new Cafe .. LEARN MORE HERE !
- Bring the encouragement of the Cafe home to your inbox . . GO HERE
- “LIKE” and comment at the Cafe Facebook page . . GO HERE
- Come visit my blog . . GO HERE !