600 total views, 2 views today
“For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you,
and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him,
being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;
strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and long suffering with joy;
giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.”
– Colossians 1:9-12 –
The Holy Spirit convicted me …
a while back about simply telling someone, “I’ll pray for you!” What’s wrong with that? Well, it is almost as if we are passing up the immediate opportunity to show someone Jesus. When we put off praying for someone until later we have the tendency to forget, our prayer for them so often is less sincere, but most of all we miss then opportunity for the Holy Spirit to do an immediate work.
Some may say, “I don’t know what to say at that moment.” That is actually perfect because according to Romans 8:26, “…the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.” Also He gave us His Word! Praying the Truth is actually the best way to pray!
One of the greatest examples …
of how and what to pray for one another comes from Colossians 1:9-12.
How do we pray?
We Pray without ceasing!
What do we pray?
1. Ask God to fill those you are praying for with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding.
2. Pray that they may walk worthy of the Lord.
3. Pray that they will fully please Him.
4. Pray that they would be fruitful in every good work.
5. Pray that they will be ever increasing in the knowledge of God.
6. Pray that they will be strengthened by His might and according to His glorious power.
7. Pray that they will be patient and long-suffering with joy.
8. Give thanks to the Father continuously.
Lord, may we never pass any opportunity that You present to us to demonstrate who You are through prayer.
Lord, thank you for giving us the Holy Spirit so that we are always ready to give account.
Lord, thank you for giving us the Word so that we get to know you better
and therefore know how to live. In Jesus Mighty Name!
Wish to refresh-forward
the encouragement of LifeLetter Cafe?
- Add your comments and questions below
- Help us build a new Cafe .. GIVE HERE !
- Bring the encouragement of the Cafe home to your inbox . . GO HERE
- “LIKE” and comment at the Cafe Facebook page . . GO HERE
- Come visit my blog . . GO HERE !