68 total views, 0 views today
who reveals how to discover joy beyond the clutter of life.
She is a survivor of breast cancer and a heart attack.
Brenda draws from her own life experiences
in the #1 Amazon Best seller, “Joy Beyond, 28 Days to Finding Joy Beyond the Clutter of Life”.
She is the founder of Ask God Today Ministries
where she has a team of writers sharing truth and hope with others.
Brenda is also an inspiring regular contributor (LifeWriter) here at LifeLetter Cafe
and is today’s featured contributor to “Find It Only Here On Friday”.
Her Cafe exclusive “Does God Keep His Promises?” can be found below . . BUT FIRST . .
the Cafe thought you just might want to know how an Encouragement Leader like Brenda McGraw
has herself been encouraged in her own faith recently.
God started building my faith as a young child through my parents, without me evening realizing it.
Christmas was celebrated with the Advent Wreath and stories of Jesus.
Easter was rising early and walking to the top of Stone Mountain in Georgia,
for the annual Sun Rise Service.
However, many times I walked away and did things my way.
God is faithful and my faith was built because of His faithfulness.
He pursued me, He loved me, He comforted and embraced me when times were difficult.
God’s faithfulness reveals the appearance of faith when you are walking by sight.
It is through the example of Jesus and the godly ones before me,
I learned to walk by faith.
Today’s Find It Only Here On Friday
“Does God Keep His Promises?”
by Brenda McGraw
What do you expect from God?
“O Lord, hear me as I pray;
pay attention to my groaning.
Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God,
for I pray to no one but you.
Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord.
Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.”
What does God tell us in the Bible
that we can expect from Him?
1. God is near. “The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.” (Psalms 145:18)
2. God fulfills desires. “He fulfills the desires of those who fear him.” (Psalms 145:19)
3. God hears us and saves us. “He hears their cry and saves them.” (Psalms 145:19)
4. God watches over us. “The Lord watches over all who love him, but all the wicked he will destroy.” (Psalms 145:20)
5. God promises peace. “I will listen to what God the Lord says; he promises peace to his people, his faithful servants—but let them not turn to folly.” (Psalm 85:8)
6. God will give you a way of escape. “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.” (1 Corinthians 10:13)
7. God gives you rest. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” (Matthew 11:28-29)
8. God gives power and strength. “He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.” (Isaiah 40:29-31)
9. God will supply your needs. “And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19)
10. God gives salvation and eternal life. “If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans 10:9)
“For the wages of sin is death,
but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.”
– Romans 6:23 –
When I focus on the problems,
I fear the outcome …
When I focus on God and His promises, I take my eyes off the problem, even if only temporarily, to trust in the solutions God gives.
God has made promises throughout scripture.
He promised Abraham that he would be the father of all nations, and he was.
He promised Noah that He would never destroy the world with a flood again, and He hasn’t.
“Again, God said to Noah and his sons:
I am going to make a solemn promise to you
and to everyone who will live after you . . .
The rainbow will be the sign of that solemn promise.”
– Genesis 9:8-16 –
Many promises throughout the Bible show the character and love of God. He is trustworthy. He might not always answer our prayers the way we want Him to, but we can trust that He is working all things out for the good of those who love and serve Him.