494 total views, 2 views today
Would others describe you as a person of honor? Would your children or spouse attest to honorable character in your life beyond wedding anniversaries and obligatory Hallmark moments?
Just how do we measure ourselves on the honor scale? Simply put, honor can never be a part of our time spent on earth apart from personal cost.
There is no better picture of this than an American landmark known as Arlington National Cemetery . . is it not interesting that scores of fallen soldiers who have bravely sacrificed their lives for our freedom have been laid to rest . . very close to a cross?
Conversely, we know that we bring dishonor to the cross of Christ when we are forcing others to sacrifice time and resources for our own selfish desires and agenda.
This is David “JB” Miller reminding you like Paul, out of one decision to honor the One Who gave His life so we could come to forever life, a million quiet little decisions to honor others seems to be suddenly such small sacrifice . . in this “dying”, we live and are . .
. . forever free.
Encouraged by this post? You just might want to . .
- Add your comments below and refresh-forward via your favorite social site(s). .
- Get a week of LifeLines in your inbox at “Friday Favorites”: SUBSCRIBE HERE !
- Read The Rest of the Story . . HERE At LifeLetter Cafe
- “LIKE” the Cafe Facebook page HERE . .
- Get the story behind the story in the Cafe Newsletter: “The Bistro” . . SUBSCRIBE HERE !